[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ on FreeBSD and MacOS

Maximillian Dornseif md at hudora.de
Thu Aug 16 07:09:54 BST 2007

I have some very brief blog postings describing the installation of
RabbitMQ on FreeBSD and MacOS X. Nothing fancy there, but I thought
it would be good to have these links in the mailing list archives for
reference purposes

http://blogs.23.nu/c0re/stories/15658/ - FreeBSD 6.2
http://blogs.23.nu/c0re/stories/15657/ - MacOS X 10.4.10

I'm not sure about the filesystem policy in the erlang community, but
from a FreeBSD standpoint the "correct" paths for an installation are

/usr/local/lib/erlang/lib
/var/log/rabbitmq
/var/db/rabbitmq or /var/db/rabbitmq/mnesia
/usr/local/etc/ or /usr/local/etc/rabbitmq

For MacOS it is more difficult to standartize in paths, but together
with MacPorts stuff should go to

/opt/local/lib/erlang/lib/
/var/log/rabbitmq
/var/db/rabbitmq or /var/db/rabbitmq/mnesia
/usr/local/etc or /usr/local/etc/rabbitmq

Regards

Maximillian