[rabbitmq-discuss] Python Client for RabbitMQ/AMQP?

Maximillian Dornseif md at hudora.de
Tue Aug 14 07:06:12 BST 2007

Since being somewhat dissatisfied with ActiveMQ I'm shopping for
other messaging solutions with a focus on correctness and
reliability.  (See http://blogs.23.nu/c0re/?day=20070813# for some
background.)

I'm looking for a simple (just send_bytes_to_queue() and
receive_bytes_from_queue(), no transactions, fancy routing etc.) way
to use the broker in Python and Java. RabbitMQ comes wit Java client
libraries, so this is no issue.

I'm more concerned about Python. I'm aware of QPid's Python code but
obviously this code is meant to break thinks and not to be simple
and reliable. Has anybody suggestions of how to send and receive
messages from Python other than re-implementing (and testing) AMQP
from the ground up?

Regards

Maximillian Dornseif