[rabbitmq-discuss] Scala remote actors [was Re: Intro]

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Tue Aug 7 06:10:09 BST 2007

Steve,

"Steve Jenson" <stevej at pobox.com> writes:

> I just added myself to the rabbitmq-discuss list. I've CC'd this
> discussion there (and removed all the original CC email addresses) so
> we can keep it flying!

Cheers.

I have just looked at API docs for Scala's actors. Looks like they have
moved on quite a bit since I last checked them out and have become much
more Erlang-like. Has anybody investigated hooking them into an Erlang
system directly, via Erlang's Jinterface?

This would only give you AMQP interop via a rather indirect route,
i.e. by invoking RabbitMQ's Erlang API, which Ben Hood has been working
on; see mailing list archives. So it is no substitute for an AMQP
binding along the lines I suggested. It would be an interesting project
though, providing seamless interop between Erlang processes and Scala
actors.

Matthias.